Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New at this!

After 14 years in the classroom teaching 1st and 2nd graders, I decided it was time to shake it up a bit. So, I applied for the position of Reading Consultant. After interviewing and sweating it out, I got the great news that I am officially "it"! What a thrill...and an awesome responsibility. After all, being responsible for every child's reading...wow! I am hoping to use this blog as a learning opportunity and as a resource for anyone interested in teaching or discussing reading. Stay tuned this summer as I prepare for my new adventure! I am excited, overwhelmed and humbled at the chance to grow, teach and learn.

Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

mudpies said...

Melanie,
Congratulations! I wish you all the best on this journey.
You will bring a wonderful energy to your work--what lucky students and teachers!