Monday, August 18, 2008

Let's Talk!

When I taught second grade, one of my favorite units of study in the Reading Workshop was all about dialogue! We discussed what it was, how to read it and apply it to really comprehending the text. My husband would agree with me that dialouge can be one of my favorite things to do! Then I got to thinking...what about teacher dialogue? Could we get the conversations going? Could we turn little snippets of talk in the workroom or lounge into meaningful discussions that would improve and enhance our teaching? That is how Think Tank was born. We set up a casual time to come together and discuss literacy. It was a great way to continue those conversations. With PLCs (Professional Learning Communities), PLNs (Professional Learning Networks) and Think Tanks, our ideas can take flight and our teaching can get stronger. So, let's get out there and talk. Who knows where it can lead us?!?

No comments: