Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making Mud Pies

I have a favorite professional friend (I'll call her mudpies)...she inspires me, challenges me...and really makes me think.  I love that.  We have powerful discussions and much needed vents. We laugh A LOT!   The thing I love most about her, is that she pushes my thinking constantly. I never get too comfortable with where I am in my learning.  I call her for advice, to ground myself if I feel like I am getting ahead of myself and when I want someone to just listen to my frustrations.  I would call her a mentor, but she goes farther than that.  I am so lucky to learn from her.

My son has entered 1st grade...wide eyed and ready to learn.  I feel so lucky that his first grade teacher (and blessed that his Kindergarten teacher) make him feel the same way mudpies makes me feel.  Aren't we lucky when we get a teacher that inspires us and pushes our thinking?  I wish that for everyone.

My friend, mudpies once said, "Like making mudpies, the joy of trying something new comes from the process--not from the final product."

Thanks to all the mud pie makers out there!!!  Let's keep creating and pushing each other!! 

No comments: